Q: How much do the classes and coaching cost?
A: Costs vary — check out our Class Catalog.
Q: What if I can’t afford the full Raising Happiness Homestudy?
- Consider becoming a Spreading Happiness Ambassador.
- Do you have a group of friends that are in the same boat? See our Pay What You Can Plan.
- There is loads of free content on this website (see our blog, our press room, and the worksheets related to Raising Happiness, the book.)
- There is also loads of free content (including podcasts!) on UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center website — check out Christine Carter’s Raising Happiness section.
.Q: How do I get a refund?
A: Please see our refund policy. We’re confident that if you practice what you learn, you’ll get a lot out of the class or coaching — and that’s why we offer trial periods. During your trial, if you’ve done the weekly practice(s) and do not feel you are getting anything valuable out of it, we’ll happily refund your money. If you’re unsure whether you’re interested in a product, feel free to give it a try. Please see our refund policy for more details.
Q: How can I create a Raising Happiness discussion group?
- Ask your spouse, friends, other parents from your child’s school or church, and/or neighbors to join you.
- Choose a regular time to meet monthly (i.e. first Wednesday of the month) to discuss the Homestudy materials. We provide discussion guides for you.
- Decide who will lead the discussion each month. Many groups switch locations monthly, too.
Q: If you sign up with a partner or a group, we’ll donate 10% of each group member’s tuition to the organization you choose.
A: Fill out this form to let us know who is in your group and where you’d like the donation made.
Q: Does each person in the discussion group have to sign up and pay individually?
A: Yes. Each class participant enrolls and pays separately. If your whole parenting group is not interested in enrolling, you may still use the discussion questions we provide, but we ask that you not distribute the video classes, emails, or podcasts. If cost is an issue, scholarships are available.
Q: What is the time commitment for the Raising Happiness Homestudy?
A: Each weekly video is approximately 20 minutes long. You’ll also be given a weekly practice, which can be integrated into your daily life and so usually won’t take much extra time — many practices actually SAVE you time.
Q: Is the Live Group Coaching or Homestudy appropriate for parents of teens?
A: Yes! It is appropriate for all parents, even grandparents, who want to develop the skills needed to be a happier parent and more joyful individual. In addition to becoming happier ourselves, we work on how to teach happiness skills to the people we care about most: usually, our children and grandchildren. Adolescents DO have special developmental needs, especially emotionally; these needs are addressed throughout the Homestudy.