“Some pursue happiness, others create it.”
Covered in this video:
- Over-thinking about a problem or negative event doesn’t help
- Why ratios of positive to negative emotions matter
- Why “faking it” doesn’t work
- 3 Steps to feeling happier when we’ve felt bad
- A go-to list of techniques to feel happier instantly
Happiness Tip: Do something fun to authentically increase your positive emotions. Do you need to make a fun dance-party playlist? Find some YouTube videos that will make you all laugh? Dig up that book that inspires you?
If you would like to download the audio version of this video to listen to in your car or on the go, click the link below. DOWNLOAD THE AUDIO VERSION HERE.
This video is the 1st in a series about how parents can foster the skills of luck, optimism, and generosity in their children, from The Raising Happiness Homestudy. Check out the rest of the Homestudy here.