(Is that a new subtitle? Why yes, it is! You are very observant!)
The Sweet Spot contains the answers I wish I’d had many years ago about what leads to a successful and joyful life, all based on scientific research.
What is the “sweet spot,” you ask?
The sweet spot is that place where our greatest strengths and our greatest personal power overlap with where we find ease, where there is little resistance or stress.
I’ve long struggled with the ease piece of the sweet spot. I’ve developed my strengths, but I tend to “hamster wheel” when I’m too tense or tired. Like a baseball player, I know that I can “get hits” outside of my sweet spot, but my metaphorical bat (my body and brain) tends to bend or even break. Like the bat in this slow motion video:
In The Sweet Spot, my trials and errors are your reward. From time-saving micro-habits to bigger picture shifts that convert stress into productive and creative energy, The Sweet Spot shows you how to:
- Learn to say “no” more easily, and more strategically
- Use technology in ways that bolster, instead of sap, your energy
- Find more joy, connection, meaning, and friendship in your day-to-day life
The Sweet Spot is loaded with practical tips (and fun stories) from my own experience road-testing the strategies.
What Do Other People Have To Say?
I’ve been humbled by the warm reviews of my book:
“Dr. Christine Carter’s The Sweet Spot illuminates the simple and sustainable path toward a precious and happy balance.” – Deepak Chopra
“A breath of fresh air…Based on personal experiments with living life in what she calls the ‘pressure cooker,’ Dr. Carter offers advice in easily digestible nuggets.” – Working Mother
“This book did something I thought was impossible: it seemed to give me more time. In this age of overstuffed schedules, that’s about as good as self-help advice can get.” – Martha Beck, PhD, Oprah’s life coach
“Actionable ways to balance your life, your health, and your career. This book is packed with smart advice and hard-earned wisdom.” – Inc.
“Funny, intimately honest, and so practical—Dr. Carter pulls pure gold out of studies on the brain and happiness.” – Rick Hanson, PhD, author of Hardwiring Happiness
I’d love for you not to buy The Sweet Spot on June 6th, when the paperback is released. Instead, please pre-order the paperback now. Why?
Pre-orders matter a lot.
Because all pre-orders ship the same week, which makes a book’s weekly sales huge. And that often is enough for a book to hit a best-seller list, which then, if the book is good, can become a self-fulfilling prophecy–readers that didn’t know about The Sweet Spot before will now see the book on a bestseller list! Booksellers also tend to take note and many will feature the book in their stores, or online.
So I’m humbly asking you to pre-order the paperback, as an act of kindness and friendship (in addition to hopefully being a fun and gratifying book for you to read). I will do my best to return the favor by sending you loads free gifts (see below)!
Amazon reviews also matter.
The Sweet Spot has received over 50 five-star reviews on Amazon. Amazon seems to treat books with 100 or more five-star reviews differently, suggesting it to people that might like it. So if you’ve already read the book and loved it, I would be further indebted to you if you were to leave a 5 Star review on Amazon. And I’ll also send you all the gifts!!
Okay. Thankfully, I’m done asking for favors. It’s all bonus gifts from here on out!
In thanks for all that you do for me, we’ve put together a bunch of exclusive stuff just for you. I will send most of these to you no matter what you decide to do. At the same time, I’m suggesting different gift levels. 🙂
Pre-order 1 book and/or leave an Amazon review
- A Cracking the Habit Code Workbook: Designed to walk you step-by-step through the formation of a new habit, this workbook will help you activate your brain’s autopilot mode. When we activate our natural ability to run on autopilot, we let our unconscious brain do work that we’d otherwise get done through the sheer force of our ironclad will (or not get done, due to lack of self-discipline and focus).
- Free Enrollment in my 21-Day Exercise Mini-Course: Are you ready to ditch your gym dread? This Mini-Course will teach you how to make exercise an enjoyable habit in just 21 days. Regardless of your age or fitness level, you’ll get research-proven steps to help you make exercise a daily routine that will last a lifetime.
- How to Gain an Extra Day Each Week eBook: Don’t continue feeling starved for time. This eBook gives you practical strategies to generate more time for the things that matter most to you. This is your starting point to regaining an entire 10-hour workday each week!
- The Sweet Spot Manifesto: Put this inspirational list of phrases and advice straight out of The Sweet Spot up at work or at home on the fridge!
Pre-order 2-9 copies of the book
If you have a few friends, family members, or co-workers that you’d like to give The Sweet Spot, whoo-hoo! I’m thrilled and honored. As thanks, I’ll send you everything listed under level one, and also:
- Personalized & Autographed Bookplates: As much as I want to sign and personalize actual books, no one has invented a way to make that easy to do through the mail. But I CAN personalize bookplates for you!
- Two Months Free in Our New Coaching Group! Join a group of like-minded people changing their lives so that they can be happy now, not in some distant future. Learn more about group coaching here.
Pre-order 10 or more copies of the book
DANG, you are good. THANK YOU for even thinking about giving my book to so many people. I will happily send you everything listed above, PLUS:
- Free access to my Science of Finding Flow online class. A $199 value, this is the grand prize, with no limit on enrollees. The Science of Finding Flow will show you how to relieve stress and anxiety, enjoy your weekends and vacations more, stop checking your phone and email compulsively, get motivated to work, and manage your time more effectively. You’ll be happier and more successful both at home and work.
Again, THANK YOU.
Without you readers, there’s no gig for me here. I’m so, so, so grateful for you!
Lots of love,